Pimpin' PSPerssad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pimpin' PSPers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Your Admins
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Latest topics
» How it works and how to keep it clean!!
 Welcome To SS Scrapping School! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:25 am by Admin

»  Street Cred Rules and Regs! Read and Sign
 Welcome To SS Scrapping School! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:24 am by Admin

» Voter Sample Signup
 Welcome To SS Scrapping School! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:23 am by Admin

» Voter's pop in here Please
 Welcome To SS Scrapping School! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:23 am by Admin

»  Templates, templates, templates
 Welcome To SS Scrapping School! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:22 am by Admin

»  Stamp Snags
 Welcome To SS Scrapping School! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:21 am by Admin

»  Freebie Scrapkit Links
 Welcome To SS Scrapping School! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:21 am by Admin

»  Marvelous Masks
 Welcome To SS Scrapping School! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:20 am by Admin

»  Wonderful Wordart
 Welcome To SS Scrapping School! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:19 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
Illustration store PicsForDesign.com Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Welcome To SS Scrapping School!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Welcome To SS Scrapping School! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome To SS Scrapping School!    Welcome To SS Scrapping School! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:20 am

Welcome To Scrapping!
*Note I double spaced and made the font bigger to make for easier reading! Feel free to print this out!

I’m excited for everyone that is brand new to this, and even for those who are looking to learn more! I hope that the lessons

come through easily and fun for you all. Let’s challenge ourselves to do more!

Remember, learning to scrap will help you with future showdowns in the forum. Perhaps showdowns that will help you win

commercial use friendly products? Perhaps so!

Key things to remember:

- Have Patience! Everyone learns at a different pace. Just because Billie Jo Bertha next to you may catch on faster, doesn’t

mean you’re not doing as well! You can do this, you really can!

- Ask questions! When in doubt, ask. In scrapping there is never a dumb question. How the hell do you expect to learn if

you don’t ask?

- Just like with tagging, be copyright compliant! Look at designers TOU before purchasing if you can! Some designers only

allow 30% of their products to be used in a kit. So to dumb it down to
my level (had to think of this btw before I got it lol) if

you are like me and make a kit with 100 elements, you can only add 30 of that designer’s product to your kit. Some don’t

allow their products to be used as freebies. Most are really good about including that in their product descriptions.

- CU means Commercial Use. NEVER EVER use anything that does not say CU friendly or commercial use ok. Doing this

can give you such a bad name in the designing world. Don’t start out on the wrong foot! Remember just like in tagging, how

you start forward is how you are setting the tone.

- ALWAYS credit the commercial use designers in your TOU and Credit document. Think about it this way, if someone took

your tag that you worked so hard on and slapped their name on it or altered it, how would that make you feel? Pretty bad

huh? It’s a respect thing. Some designers also require you to include their URL in your credits. Make sure you check that!

- When you make your TOU and Credit document, you can do it with notepad, or WinWord or anything that is on your pc

that
you can save it as an rtf. I discourage you to do it as a jpeg or even
an adobe file. How irritating would it be to have to

constantly alter either one of those EACH time? With having a file on your computer, you can just edit it as needed.

- Make sure that your own TOU is clear and concise. Leave no doubt as to what is allowed to be done with your kit.

- Always save your kit’s in a folder to be zipped and loaded to your store or your sharing site. Don’t layer it as a psd and

save it as just that! For one you lose the aspect of your tou and credits. And two, sometimes those psd files aren’t

compatible with programs.

- Everyone is different, but for myself and many designers who will tell you, make variety in your kits. It’s totally up to

you,
but A really great thing to do, is don’t make repeats in your kit. For
example, don’t make one paper in every color of your

palette. Or one butterfly, the same thing. The reason for this is because, (and I learned this the hard way) if you go PTU, and

you put together a kit that s oh say 50 elements, and you’ve done just that, in retrospect you really only have about half that

much. How irritated would you be if you downloaded a kit you bought and you paid a few bucks for it and that happened?

Honestly,
it would tick me off! Lol. There is a reason why my earlier kits like
that are now FTU. BUT, again, it’s totally up to

you! You be happy with what you want to do!

The biggest thing and advice I could give you is, have freaking fun!!! You are going to learn things you probably didn’t know

before. This is going to make you a better tagger, and designer in the end. Enjoy what you do and be really proud of what you

do!
Not one of us is better than the next at this. We just all have
different styles. I have faith in you all and so do your fellow

“classmates”. Be positive, and you will see positive things come out of your PSP.

Take this challenge and run with it. I know I’ve probably overwhelmed you with a wealth of knowledge. But to be dead honest,

I
NEVER had ANYONE to teach me all of this. I learned it by trial and
error and searching my hearts content. Please feel free to

ask questions as needed!

Good luck!

Professor Shani (I crack myself up!)
Back to top Go down
https://pimpinpspersdad.forumotion.com

Welcome To SS Scrapping School!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pimpin' PSPerssad :: Scrap Kit School :: Scrap Kit School-